In partnerships with local community groups and organizations, we are diligently working to present an indigenous peoples march for November “Native American Heritage Month” in Phoenix, Arizona.
Event begins at Steele Indian School Park in Phoenix, and ends across town at Eastlake Park.
At this cultural awareness march we are gathering…
– To Honor our Elders for the cultural knowledge they possess and pass down to each of us.
– To Honor our ancestors, and those that have passed yesterday so we could live tomorrow.
– To Remember lives lost in boarding school atrocities committed across continental North America.
– To Remember those affected by the MMI/MMIW Epidemic (MMIW)
– To Remember lives lost during last years epidemic within our communities.
– To Give thanks to our Mother Earth, and for the nutrients she provides.
– To Bring attention to the forceful use of eminent domain and its destruction to tribal ceremonial homelands.
– To Bring attention to Indigenous community issues.
– To Bring awareness to much more beyond this list.